Tuesday, March 18, 2014

It Has Sprung.

Spring, I mean.

Guess what folks I survived spring break with flying colors. (My phone, unfortunately, not so much.) So with a new phone and awkwardly placed tan lines, I'm ready to finish off my freshman year strong. I'm the man with the plan and I intend to follow it through. Only, first I have to rage my face off at Round Up this weekend.

Round Up, as I understand it, is a weekend at UT made especially for frat daddies and sorostitutes to pop, lock, jam, and break. Popular musical guests (almost all of whom I have never heard of, but the kids seem pretty jazzed about) make appearances and likely LOL at their neon filled audiences. It will be the best of times; It will be the worst of times.

It sounds all fun and games, but there's actually a lot more to it. So many things to worry about, so many places to go, and so little mental capabilities when you're not yourself (wink wink, nudge nudge). We're talkin' buddy system REQUIRED. I am legitimately fearful of this weekend because of the sheer number of kids that will be going crazy around West Campus. Who will I run into? Will I do or say something I'll later regret? Will I make it back to my dorm room in one piece???

This feels like the making of a bad CSI: Miami episode.

But no need to fear! I'm coming fully prepared with all the gizmos and whats-its I'll need: Friends, food, and agua. I think the only not so gucci-mane thing that will come from this weekend is the bangin' headache I'm sure to have Sunday morning. From there on out, I'll be doing major detox. Not to mention my two midterms and essay for next week. *moment of silence for myself*

Before I fall off the face of the Earth studying for these stress-inducing events, I get to act a fool and nobody can say anything about it. I think this is fan-freaking-tastic. That said, I'll leave you with the only gif I believe can perfectly encapsulate what my life will be like this weekend.


Drunk in Love, 
Mads

No comments:

Post a Comment